The Best 5 Lifestyle Tips to Supercharge 2016 by Eat. Wear. Travel.
I can’t believe we’re here already, talking seriously about 2016. All the euphoria of the winter holidays has passed quickly, and we’re left confused and wondering what’s next. If you haven’t done any wish lists, resolutions, or starting regimes, you’re lucky, because I did all that for you. I must confess, this break caught me on the wrong foot, with lots of caloric temptations and way too much indoor laziness. The 1st of January came, followed by the 2nd, and the 3rd, and I was still on the couch, binge watching Private Practice, eating crisps and rejecting all the work calls. Until recently when I fell ill with my inappropriate behavior as a role model. What would my followers think? It took me a shower, a walk in the park and a good read to energize my low levels of inspiration. This list of lifestyle tips was made for me, and for all of you, if 2016 looks scary but you feel courageous enough to stare it in the face.
- Think healthy. I know, everyone keeps rambling about it, but there must be something true if this slogan is everywhere. So instead of reaching for that chocolate bomb, try an apple instead. Going raw a little each day is the way to impress your colleagues, loved ones, and a great mode of starting a conversation. And don’t get me started on the benefits for your mind and body. The experts say nuts, coconut oil, dates, and superfood powders are changing the world as we speak, so be a part of the revolution.
- Loose weight. This step is on each list, every year, and the most overlooked during the year. But you have to be smart about it. Set up a plan and follow it religiously. Be reasonable and realistic about your goals and don’t supercharge your body with miracle formulas. Drink lots of water, exercise, eat healthy (see step 1), and be consistent.
- Get to know yourself. When was the last time you unplugged and re-connected with your mind? Plan a trip by yourself, meditate, read a good book, start a new hobby. There are so many ways to turn you into the best version of yourself. And you might like it even more.
- Laugh. How many times per day do you have a good laugh? Did you know that laughter is the best medicine? And it is much contagious than any cough, sneeze, or sniffle. When it is shared, it connects people, and it also triggers healthy physical changes in the body. It improves your immune system, boosts your energy, reduces the effects of stress. And the best? It is fun and free!
- Be kind. Random acts of kindness are valued much more than you would’ve thought, for both givers and receivers. Show some consideration to someone in need, it doesn’t have to be a grand gesture, buying someone lunch or giving a spontaneous bunch of flowers can mean the world to someone.
Find out if you’re a Go Getter like me! Discover the new quiz on Bioglan Superfoods’ website to see how superfoods can work for you this New Year. I am going to end my short lifestyle tips with an amazing recipe I fell in love with. It is healthy and energetic, it helps you loose weight, and if you want to learn to cook in 2016, this salad is the way to go.
- Yield:2 portions
- Prep Time:5 minutes
Superpowered salad with quinoa and nuts
- Cooked quinoa – 50g
- Black eyed beans – 20g
- Soy and ginger dressing – 2 tsp
- Peeled carrots – Half
- Cooked spelt – 20g
- Baby broccoli – 20g
- Cooked peas – 20g
- Green peas cooked – 20g
- Unsalted peanuts – 1 tbsp
- Almonds – 1 tsp
- Pumpkin seeds – 1 tsp
- Chopped coriander – 1 tbsp
- Pistachio nuts – 1 tbsp
- poppy seeds – 1 tsp
- Bioglan Superfoods Chia + Flax – 1 tsp
Combine all the ingredients, add the dressing and sprinkle Bioglan Superfoods Chia + Flax on top, to provide a dual natural source of plant-based Omega 3. I’ve been adding this superfood a lot in my daily diet, because it improves digestion, it helps with my weight loss plan, and I’ve also saw improvements in my hair, skin and nails appearance. I’ve been preparing this salad once a week, and it gives me a boost of energy, so I am definitely encouraging you to make it. Simple but efficient!