Recipe: Cacao-rific Easter Nests
Here at Bioglan Superfoods, we think that the only thing better than a chocolate fix is a chocolate fix that’s superpowered with cacao. Jam-packed with antioxidants, tryptophan (which will make you beam from ear to ear) and bursting with bittersweet chocolate flavour, our Bioglan Superfoods Cacao is a super-versatile baking ingredient. Not convinced? Try whipping up a batch of these Cacao Easter Nests for Easter lunch – we guarantee you (and everyone else) will be instantly converted.
Bioglan Superfoods Cacao Easter Nests
Great for: The ultimate superfood indulgence this Easter.
To make a batch of 12, you’ll need…
200g of your favourite chocolate
85g whole grain shredded wheat
1 tbsp Bioglan Superfoods Cacao
12 cupcake cases
Filling of your choice
- Break the chocolate into pieces and put into a glass bowl. Half-fill a pan with boiling water and set the bowl over the top on a low heat, making sure the bottom doesn’t touch the water.
- While the chocolate melts (give it the occasional stir), grab another bowl and crush the shredded wheat.
- Stir in the Bioglan Superfoods Cacao.
- Once the chocolate’s melted, add it to the bowl with the other ingredients and stir to combine.
- Place 12 cupcake cases in a cupcake tray and divide the mixture between them, pressing the centre down with a back of a spoon to make a nest shape.
- Chill in the fridge for up to two hours until set.
- Fill each nest with your favourite Easter treats – we love coconut shavings and raspberries