Recipe: Cacao Coolers
Anyone else feeling a bit on the warm side right now? Don’t get us wrong – we’re not complaining, but we could sure do with something a little icy to cool us right down. These yoghurt and cacao ice lollies are just the ticket, plus, they’re absolutely packed with superfood goodness.
Antioxidant-rich and packed with mood-boosting flavonoids, pure, raw cacao can help to increase your energy levels when the warm weather has you feeling a bit sluggish. In short, it’s perfect for a happy, healthy summer.
Recipe: Cacao Cooler
You will need…
650g Greek yoghurt
½ tsp vanilla extract
Ice lolly moulds, and wooden lolly sticks if they don’t come as part of the mould.
- Measure out half of the Greek yoghurt and stir in the Bioglan Superfoods Cacao Powder. The mixture should be lump-free and all one colour.
- In another bowl, mix the vanilla extract in with the remaining yoghurt.
- Pour the Cacao-flavoured yoghurt into ice lolly moulds so that they half-fill each container. Top up with the vanilla mixture.
- Pop a wooden lolly stick (or the stick that forms the mould, if it comes with one) into the top of each one.
- Freeze until solid – this will take at least four hours.
- Serve with a drizzle of honey or agave nectar and a healthy dose of summer sunshine.
Top tip: The cacao in this recipe can also be swapped for our Bioglan Acai + Berry Powder for a more fruity twist on the cooler.