National Watermelon Day salad recipe
If you’re anything like us, you’re probably BIG fans of watermelon. Sweet and refreshing, it’s the ultimate summer snack. But we think it’s underrated as a salad ingredient – try this superfood spin on the classic treat at your next barbecue.
By adding a sprinkling of kale powder, you get an extra boost of calcium, vitamin C and energy-boosting goodness… plus ticking off one of your five-a-day in an easy (and delicious) step. Enjoy!
2 spring onions
150g feta cheese
Fresh mint leaves
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp Bioglan Superfoods Kale Powder
Squeeze of lime juice
- Halve the watermelon and cut away the outer rind. Chop the remaining flesh into chunks about 3cm big.
- Rinse and chop your favourite salad leaves and add to the bowl with the watermelon.
- Slice the spring onion finely, and add to the bowl.
- Cut the feta into small pieces (or crumble in your hands) and add to the bowl.
- Chop or tear the mint leaves into smaller bits and add to the bowl. Mix everything together
- In a jug or jar, mix together the olive oil, Bioglan Superfoods Kale Powder and lime juice. Drizzle over the salad and serve immediately.