AN AUTUMN ICON GETS A SEASONAL SUPERFOOD BOOST
The arrival of autumn signals one of the most exciting foodie seasons, serving up serious inspiration when it comes to comforting home cooked dishes. However, as the leaves begin to fall – so can energy levels, as seasonal sniffles threaten more tricks than they do treats.
That’s why this October, we’ve teamed up with the super talented recipe developer and food blogger, Eli Brecher, to bring you a showstopping, superfood Spicy Pumpkin Soup.
Served in the skin, it makes the absolute most of the season’s most iconic squash, putting a warm smile on your face while providing an extra boost of flu-fighting nutrients (it’ll look pretty stunning on your Insta feed too…).
Packed with energy-boosting B12 and super nutrient dense, chlorophyll, just a spoonful of Bioglan Superfoods Green Boost, stirred into your pretty pumpkin pot is all you’ll need to speed up your metabolism and provide your body with the iron it needs to help prevent tiredness and fatigue as the days become shorter.
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 sweet potato, cut into small cubes
740g pumpkin/squash, cut into small cubes
1-litre vegetable stock (1 teaspoon stock in boiled water)
1 teaspoon Bioglan Superfoods Green Boost Powder
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- Melt the coconut oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cinnamon, cumin and nutmeg, then add in the pumpkin and sweet potato and cook for 10 minutes until soft, stirring occasionally.
- Pour enough the stock into the pan to cover the vegetables, season with salt and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Use a hand-blender to blend until smooth.
- Transfer to your carved out pumpkin or a bowl and garnish with a small drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds.
- Serve hot or freeze.