5 Tips for Having a Balanced Diet While Travelling by Elena Sandor
All year round is perfect for travelling, as long as you have the right company and the ideal destination. Either it’s the crowded exotic Morocco, or the exclusive Cannes, there is always a haven to spot on the map and explore.
The best thing is you get to spend your holiday relaxing, sipping a nice wine and having great dinners overlooking the Eiffel Tower or the Louvre. Speaking about dinner, I have noticed that whenever I am travelling, I forget about the diets I keep back home, and get into the dangerous cuisine trap. With so many temptations around us, the hardest part of my travel journal is to keep a balance between tasting every menu in the book, and picking only what is right for you. I know, keeping track of every burger, pasta and pizza you have on your holiday is quite difficult, but your body will bear the negative effects for a long time.
This is why I have decided to take Bioglan in my luggage on my fashion week trips to London, Milan and Paris this season. Launched in Australia 25 years ago, Bioglan is a serious provider of quality Vitamins, Minerals and Supplements and has a strong reputation for unique formulations and first to market innovations. As a food supplement, Bioglan supports a healthy lifestyle and my goal this month was to keep up with my diet requirements, but still have the energy I need while running to shows and look wide awake after so many sleepless nights.
For a healthy travelling, with no regrets and sorrow, follow my instructions, you’ll thank me later.
- Take time to enjoy your three meals a day, and stay away of any sort of street food. By practicing the “one and done” rule, you can choose to have only one high-calorie goodie a day, such as a huge tiramisu for dessert. Probably the most difficult part of travelling is not indulging in all the city recommendations, and you should still enjoy life and your holiday. But I think you also need to be responsible and not make a habit out of it, in case you want to stay healthy!
- Cut down the fizzy drinks. It’s quite appealing to sip from a Coke while having your meal starring at the Duomo di Milano, but it shouldn’t be the go-to approach. I am encouraging the RAAW Juice from Bioglan Superfoods, a tropical powder packed with superfruits mango, coconut and dragonfruit, naturally rich in vitamins and minerals. Easy to carry around, this juice is perfect for that extra boost you need on your trip. It also gives an antioxidant and immune jump, and with no added sugar or artificial additives, it should be the perfect companion.
- Pack your greens. I am one of those persons who prefers to eat spinach, asparagus, kale and salads at any time of the day. But if you are craving for sweets or BBQ you need to educate your love for greens. Dried fruits and vegetables can be mixed with smoothies or into oatmeal for breakfast, so give them a go.
- Don’t overlook the power of supplements. Travelling is rewarding, but it also comes with less sleep as a side effect. The Rest & Restore for Women Multivitamin from Bioglan helps support your body while you sleep, through a specific blend of vitamins, minerals, amino acids and botanical extracts. Take supplements to help fill nutritional gaps your diet while you’re travelling, to help support and sustain everyday health and vitality.
- Drink lots of water. I tend to forget about the 2 litres a day rule when I am on holiday, probably because I am always on the move. Drink plenty of water, dehydration is bad for your skin, health and mind!