Rainbow Lasagne with Supergreens
Our Rainbow Lasagne with Supergreens is a wholesome, veggie packed dinner. The colours make this dish a great dinner centrepiece.
Buy ingredients online at your selected retailer
1. Make your squash and beetroot layers! On a large baking tray lay out the butternut squash on one half and the beetroot on the other. Sprinkle over 1/2 of the chopped onions and half the crushed garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with a little olive oil then roast in the oven for 30 minutes at 200 degrees. When cooked, blend both separately with a splash of milk until smooth. Set aside.
2. Make your spinach layer! Add a splash of olive oil to a pan and add ½ of the remaining onions. Cook for 1-2 minutes until transparent, then add the spinach. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes. Set aside and mix in the ricotta.
3. Make your marinara sauce! Add a splash of olive oil to a pan and add the rest of the onions. Cook for 1-2 minutes until transparent, then add the remaining garlic. Cook for 1 minute then add the tomatoes. Season with pepper, salt, oregano, Bioglan Superfoods Supergreens, and some fresh basil. Let it simmer for 20 minutes then set aside.
4. Make your béchamel sauce! Mix the flour and olive oil. Add to a pan and let it cook for 1 minute, constantly stirring. Gradually add the milk and season with salt and pepper. Add 20g of grated cheese and keep mixing until the ingredients blend, and the sauce thickens.
5. Start assembling! Add a little of the marinara sauce to the base of the lasagne dish. Then 2 lasagne sheets on top. Add the butternut squash layer and another 2 lasagne sheets. Top with a layer of marinara sauce and some béchamel sauce, followed by another 2 lasagne sheets. Then add the spinach layer, top with a bit of béchamel and another 2 lasagne sheets. Add on the beetroot layer and 2 more lasagne sheets. Finally add the rest of the marinara sauce and the rest of the béchamel, and sprinkle over the cheese. Bake in the oven for approx. 30 minutes at 220 degrees. Allow to stand for 10min before serving.