Creamy Chickpea Stew
with Super Protein
This Creamy Chickpea Stew with Super Protein is the perfect comfort meal after a cold day. Packed full of protein, it’s a hug in a bowl!
Buy ingredients online at your selected retailer
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees (180 fan).
2. Add the butter or oil to a large oven-safe pan and add the onions, carrots, celery, and garlic. Add the rosemary and thyme and season with salt and pepper. Cook on a low heat until the vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes.
3. Stir the 3 tablespoons of flour into the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Add the vegetable stock and stir well to ensure there are no lumps and cook for a further 5 minutes.
4. Add the chickpeas, Super Protein, cream and milk and stir well. Make sure the pan is on a low heat and make the dumplings.
5. Add the flour and salt to a bowl, then add the buttermilk and egg. Stir well to combine until just mixed. Drop spoonfuls of the dumpling mixture into the stew. Place into the hot oven and cook for 20 minutes, or until the dumplings are risen and golden.
6. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and enjoy!