Bite-sized Goodness: Superfood Snacks
Protein balls, on-the-go bites, energy bars – they take many forms, but superfood snacks are having a real moment. Try them yourself with our one of our three favourite recipes, or save some time and pick up a pack of our brand new Raw Bites, available in Holland and Barrett.
Cacao and Coconut Balls
These balls of chocolaty goodness are packed full of mood-boosting flavonoids, and make a great snack for those with a mid-afternoon sweet tooth.
100g oat flour (oats blitzed in a food processor)
50g rolled oats
25g Bioglan Superfoods Cacao powder
3 tbsp peanut butter (melted)
5 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp honey
25g desiccated coconut
- Combine the blitzed and rolled oats, Bioglan Superfoods Chia + Flax, Bioglan Superfoods Cacao powder, melted peanut butter, honey, and 3 tablespoons of the coconut oil in a bowl. The mixture should be very sticky.
- Roll into 12-14 balls and set in the fridge for an hour.
- Blitz the desiccated coconut in a blender and place in a bowl.
- Remove balls from the fridge. Roll each one in the remaining 2 tbsp of coconut oil and then into the coconut powder to coat.
Cranberry and Pistachio Bites
The Bioglan Superfoods Chia + Flax in this recipe make it a great source of natural Omega 3 – perfect brain fuel for big days.
100g shelled pistachios
75g dried cranberries
2 tbsp sunflower butter
1 tbsp honey
- Put the pistachios into a blender and blitz to a crumb
- Add the cranberries, sunflower butter, honey, Bioglan Superfoods Chia + Flax and Bioglan Superfoods Supergreens powder and pulse to combine.
- Tip into a tray, flatten out, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove from the tray and cut into cubes.
Recipe 3 – Quinoa Energy Bars
Quinoa gives these bars a deliciously nutty flavour as well as a protein hit. They’re perfect for an on-the-go breakfast or post-workout snack.
12 pitted dates, soaked and then mashed
225g almond butter
2 tbsp coconut oil
A handful of chopped almonds
80g pumpkin seeds
80g goji berries
100g popped quinoa
1 tbsp Bioglan Superfoods Energy Boost powder
- Add the mashed dates, almond butter and coconut oil to a saucepan and melt over a low heat to get a thick paste.
- Remove from the heat. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Line a baking tray with parchment and press the mixture into it. Set in the freezer for an hour.
- Remove from freezer and cut into bars.
The easiest recipe ever…
Our new Bioglan Superfoods Raw Bites give you all the goodness of a homemade super-snack, without costing you any time at all.
Better than a mocha: Bioglan Superfoods Raw Bites Cacao + Coffee + Coconut
A double superfood hit: Bioglan Superfoods Raw Bites Cacao + Quinoa
For peanut butter-lovers: Bioglan Superfoods Raw Bites Chia + Maca + Peanut
Tangy, green goodness: Bioglan Superfoods Raw Bites Ginger + Spirulina
Step 1: Head to your nearest Holland and Barrett, or hop over to their [hyperlink website]
Step 2: Pick up your favourite Raw Bites flavour
Step 3: Snack away!