Vegan Jackfruit Tacos with Super Protein
Part of the fun of Veganuary is trying new recipes. We’ve shaken up our usual weekday Mexican for these Vegan Jackfruit Tacos with Super Protein.
Buy ingredients online at your selected retailer
1. Place the drained jackfruit into a large bowl. Using your fingers or two forks, break apart the chunks of jackfruit into shredded pieces.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent, approx. 5 minutes. Add the garlic and jalapeño (if using) and cook for an additional minute, until the garlic is fragrant.
3. Add the shredded jackfruit to the pan and stir well. Add the barbecue sauce, cumin, oregano, coriander, Bioglan Superfoods Super Protein, smoked paprika and salt to the pan. Stir to evenly distribute the spices and cook for another 4 to 5 minutes, or until the jackfruit is browned and slightly crisped around the edges. Fold in the orange zest.
4. In a separate, lightly oiled frying pan, warm the tortillas.
5. To assemble add a large spoonful of cooked jackfruit to the centre of each tortilla. Top with avocado, radishes, coriander, red cabbage, corn, and sour cream. Serve with wedges of lime and enjoy!