Vegan Chocolate Orange Pots
with Cacao Boost
There seems to be chocolate orange everything out there at the moment and we couldn’t help but join in! These Vegan Chocolate Orange Pots with Cacao Boost are rich, smooth and the perfect treat during the festive season. You can make them ahead so no last minute desserts to worry about.
Buy ingredients online at your selected retailer
1. Remove any stones from the dates and cover them with boiling hot water. Set aside while you create the chocolate orange filling.
2. In a mixing bowl, break the dark chocolate into small pieces. In a pan, add the coconut milk to a saucepan over medium heat and bring it to a simmer, then pour the hot coconut milk over the chocolate. Stir well so the chocolate melts smoothly and then add in the Cacao Boost, orange chocolate powder, agave syrup, vanilla extract and orange juice until completely smooth. Leave aside.
3. Drain the dates and add them to your blender. Pour in the coconut milk, vanilla, agave syrup and salt, blend until smooth.
4. Using a small spoon, add some of the caramel evenly into the bottom of each pot. Try and flatten this with a soon or by swirling the pot.
5. Then spoon in the chocolate orange filling into each pot. If you get some chocolate around the edges, wipe it clean with some kitchen towel. Leave them to cool at room temperature then place them in the fridge for 2 hours.
6. Take them out the fridge about 20 minutes before serving so they have time to soften a little. We topped ours with some crushed ginger nut biscuits for a little crunch but this is an optional step. Enjoy!